Road2Wheels is available to young people aged 15-24 years who:
- fulfil the eligibility requirements for acquiring a learner driver’s licence in their state or territory;
- meet one or more of the following criteria:
- being an early school leaver;
- being unemployed for 3 months or more;
- not having a driver’s licence;
- residing in public housing;
- being Indigenous;
- being from a non-English speaking background;
- having a disability; and
- reside in either the Wagga Wagga or Albury/Wodonga areas, or surrounding areas.
In Phase 1, once initial assessments are complete, participants will identify their primary objective and break it down into achievable steps. Group training and mentoring are available for each participant for one day a week for 12 weeks.
In Phase 2, participants will have access to various training sessions and activities including; mentor support, group activities, driving lessons, a funded provisional driving test and vocational training to achieve either a safe food handling certificate, or an occupational health and safety certificate.
In Phase 3, participants will be educated on purchasing a vehicle and participate in a group graduation luncheon where they will receive a certificate of participation.
13 June 2017 to 12 June 2019
- Garry Brook
- Phone: 0481 002 982
- Email: email@example.com