Participants will take part in a range of group activities, which may include abseiling, bush walking, kayaking and mountain biking. These activities will focus on addressing personal barriers, increasing participants’ confidence and developing their job and teamwork skills. This will assist in building their motivation to look for work and attend job interviews, and help them remain engaged in the workplace and seek feedback on their performance.
Participants will have the opportunity to participate in group activities, which may include adventure-based experiential learning and skills development through day activities or overnight expeditions. Participants will be assisted to develop a Career Plan and, where required, provided with one-on-one counselling and/or career coaching sessions.
Participants will then undertake a one-on-one review of their Career Plan and be assisted to develop an agreed pathway plan. Where required, participants can access further support after they have exited the program.
Tumbelin Go is for young people aged 15-24 years who:
- reside in Port Lincoln or south Adelaide; and
- meet one or more of the following criteria:
- have been unemployed for 4 weeks or more;
- have left school prior to completing Year 12 or an equivalent qualification level;
- are homeless or experiencing housing instability;
- have a disability or illness that reduces their capacity to participate in education or employment;
- in or leaving out of home care;
- a young parent;
- have a history of family joblessness; or
- have a history of criminal offending.
South Australia - Port Lincoln and the surrounding Eyre region; Southern Adelaide, which includes Hackham, Christies Beach, Christies Downs, Morphett Vale and Onkaparinga.
30 June 2017 to 29 June 2019.
- Contact: Christopher Lemm - Team Leader, Tumbelin Go (Southern Adelaide and Port Lincoln)
- Phone: 0438 260 268 or (08) 8388 5234
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org