Taking a user-centred design approach, Black Swan Health will develop an app for participants to record personal data related to mental health.
Participants will be assessed by a Mental Health Officer and then have access to the app for up to 12 months. They will complete a daily monitoring task through the YAppE app, and record information about their mood, employment context, triggers, relationships and activities.
Black Swan Health will coordinate and deliver appropriate responses including person-centred call centre services and access to other online or community support.
At the end of their participation, Black Swan Health will complete evaluation activities for each participant, by gathering feedback from the participant’s employment services provider and where appropriate, their employer.
YAppE is available to young people aged 15-24 years who are:
- displaying symptoms of, or self-report, a mental health issue
- willing to receive support in relation to this issue
- have a mobile device capable of supporting the app
- are about to start employment
- have been employed for less than 2 weeks.
1 May 2017 to 30 April 2019