The program provides practical assistance to help participants gain the contemporary skills they need to move into ongoing employment. Eligible job seekers will be referred to Tailored Career Assistance, Functional Digital Literacy, or both, depending on their needs.
Tailored Career Assistance will increase confidence and motivation; give job seekers a better understanding of available job opportunities in their local area; and support them to tailor applications, based on their skills and experience, to those jobs.
Functional Digital Literacy will provide practical assistance to develop ICT skills and help job seekers build their confidence to use different types of technology, such as smartphones, tablets, apps, social media and desktop computers.
Where is it available?
From 2 July 2018, Career Transition Assistance will be available in five Employment Regions across Australia. It will be available nationally from July 2019.
|Employment Region||Career Transition Assistance Provider|
|Central West, New South Wales||
|Adelaide South, South Australia||
|Perth North, Western Australia||
Who will be eligible
From 2 July 2018, individuals who are:
- registered with a jobactive provider within one of the five available regions; and
- 50 years of age or older.
From 1 July 2019, Career Transition Assistance will be available nationally in all Employment Regions. Eligibility will also be expanded to include those 45 years of age and older and registered with a jobactive provider.
Read the Career Transition Assistance factsheet.
Other mature age employment programs
- Skills and Training Incentive
- ‘Job Change’: Policies to assist mature age workers to remain in employment
- Encouraging entrepreneurship among mature age Australians
- Collaborative Partnership on Mature Age Employment
- Restart Wage Subsidies - Additional places and securing funding for future years
- Pathway to Work pilots
- Expansion of National Work Experience Programme
For more information on these programs, please visit the 2018–19 Budget Overview page.