From late 2014 to mid-2016 working group members piloted initiatives to improve performance in a number of areas:
- early intervention for injuries
- excellence in case management
- getting better performance from rehabilitation providers
- identifying and remedying psychological hotspots
- identifying suitable duties to support employees returning to work
- providing mandatory training on work health and safety and early intervention
- re-examining 'long tail' claims.
The working group has developed a booklet highlighting some of the achievements of the pilot programs. It is designed to provide APS agencies with information about the approach and early outcomes of a number of the pilot initiatives and promote some simple yet effective ways to improve workers compensation performance.