Cycle of Change is for young people aged 15-24 years who are:
- currently enrolled in Year 12 in a school located in the local government areas of the City of Playford (‘Playford’), the City of Salisbury (‘Salisbury’) or the City of Port Adelaide Enfield (‘Port Adelaide Enfield’); and
- meet one or more of the following criteria:
- enrolled as a Flexible Learning Option student;
- disengaged from mainstream schooling;
- at risk of not completing Year 12, such as having a pattern of non-attendance or having difficulty with achievement against the school curriculum; or
- come from a Culturally and Linguistically Diverse background or from a family with a history of family joblessness.
Initially, participants will undertake an assessment of their vocational and non-vocational barriers.
Participants can access 15 Group Workshops and 15 BMX Workshops addressing various vocational and non-vocational barriers, including skills development, positive social behaviours, communication teamwork, financial literacy, diet and nutrition etc.
Participants can also access the Cycle of Change App to check-in to each Group Workshop and BMX Workshop, access relevant websites and unlock virtual parts to build a virtual BMX bike.
After 6 months, participants will complete the Psychological Assessment of Readiness to Change tool. Participants who have demonstrated, through the tool, a commitment to transition into employment can be placed in a Work Experience Placement, vocation training course, or employment.
In the final phase, participants will attend a graduation ceremony and be given a new BMX bike, bike lock and helmet to keep.
South Australia - City of Playford (includes Blakeview, Elizabeth and Virginia), City of Salisbury (includes Edinburgh, Mawson Lakes, Paralowie and Ingle Farm) and City of Port Adelaide Enfield (includes North Haven, Port Adelaide, Regency Park and Winsor Gardens) regions
15 June 2017 to 14 June 2019
Phone: 0474 800 211
Visit the MAS National website.