Your personal information is protected by law, including the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). Personal information includes your name, date of birth, contact details, education and employment history, and details of your personal circumstances.
The personal information you provide to your Provider is collected on behalf of the Australian Government Department of Social Services (the Department) in order to provide you with appropriate employment services and support, including:
- delivering employment services to you and to help you find a job;
- helping in evaluating and monitoring the programmes and services provided to you by the Department and its contracted providers, including jobactive, Work for the Dole and Harvest Labour Services;
- contacting you about your participation in jobactive and mutual obligation requirements
- helping to resolve complaints made by you or your Provider; and
- involving you in surveys conducted by the Department or on behalf of the Department.
If you do not provide some or all of your personal information, the Department cannot ensure that you are provided with the most suitable level of employment assistance.
Your personal information (including sensitive information) may be passed on to and between the Department’s contracted Providers, and to agencies involved in the administration of employment services and income support payments and services, including Centrelink, the Department of Human Services, the Department of Education and Training, the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, the Department of Jobs and Small Business, the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet and the Australian Taxation Office and their respective contracted providers where those providers are delivering services to you.
In addition, your personal information may also be shared with third parties, such as Activity Host Organisations and employers, in the delivery of employment services to you. Your personal information may also be used by the Department or given to other parties where you have agreed, or where it is otherwise permitted, including where it is required or authorised by or under an Australian law, such as social security law, a court or tribunal order, or where a duty of care exists.
For more information on privacy, you may also wish to visit the Department of Jobs and Small Business' website at www.jobs.gov.au/privacy.