Participants will have access to the program for at least 6 months.
- 1-week ‘Life skills’ program including sessions on public housing, healthy eating, budgeting, relationships, health
- 2-week ‘Ready 4 Work’ program incorporating interactive activities to develop enterprise skills. Participants will also receive ongoing case management and can apply job skills by working in a social enterprise.
Participants develop a candidate portfolio and access workplace mentoring activities and further work experience.
Participants continue to receive workplace mentoring and opportunities to visit workplaces. They can also access further self-development activities, including:
- a 3-day learner driver’s permit course
- Qld Transport Road Safety program
- financial planning
- community engagement opportunities.
Recycle Your Dreams is for young people aged 15-24 years who are:
- at risk of becoming long-term unemployed; and
- meet two or more of the following criteria:
- generational welfare dependency
- early disengagement from education
- low literacy and numeracy
- involvement in child safety or repeated breakdown in foster placements
- substance misuse (drugs, alcohol)
- involvement in the justice system
- mental health issues (depression, anxiety).
Queensland – Townsville
10 May 2017 to 9 May 2019