A participant can receive relocation costs up to:
- $6,000 (GST Exclusive) if relocating to a regional area
- $3,000 (GST Exclusive) if relocating to a capital city
- An extra $3,000 (GST Exclusive) if relocating with dependent children.
Funding is flexible and can be used for a range of relocation related costs. For example, up to two month’s rent, rental bond, removalist costs, travel costs, food during relocation and some employment-related expenses. Payments can be made by reimbursement, directly to service provider or, in advance where deemed necessary.
How can I access Relocation Assistance?
To see if you are eligible to apply for Relocation Assistance to Take Up a Job, talk to your jobactive, Disability Employment Services or ParentsNext (Intensive Steam) provider.
The following factsheets provide further information.
Want more information?
- If you are registered with a jobactive, Disability Employment Services or ParentsNext Intensive Stream provider, ask them about eligibility information and what assistance you can receive;
- Call the National Customer Service Line on 1800 805 260; or
- Call the Employment Services Information Line on 13 62 68.
Do you need help with this information?
- If you need an interpreter, please call the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 131 450* and ask for the Employment Services Information Line on 13 62 68 or the National Customer Service Line on 1800 805 260.
- If you are deaf, or have a hearing or speech impairment you can use the National Relay Service. For more information, visit the National Relay Service website.
Note that call charges apply for calls to ‘13’ and ‘1800’ numbers from mobile phones.