The Department of Jobs and Small Business (the department) sought responses to the Request for Tender (RFT) from entities (Respondents) interested in delivering Career Transition Assistance (CTA) 2019–2021 from 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2021.
CTA focuses on helping mature age job seekers 45 years and older become more competitive in their local labour market. CTA will provide opportunities for mature age people to identify and articulate transferable skills, increase their job readiness and better target their job search to local industries and available jobs, as well as applying for jobs – including online. CTA will also provide practical assistance focusing on the ICT and digital skills required to help Participants build confidence in using technology in the workplace.
CTA is currently being delivered in five Trial Regions. These are:
- Ballarat, Victoria
- Somerset, Queensland
- Central West, New South Wales
- Adelaide South, South Australia
- Perth North, Western Australia.
For more information on the CTA Trial, see the Career Transition Assistance website.
Applications closed 12:00 noon Tuesday 11 December 2018 (Canberra Time).
CTA providers will be appointed to a panel in jobactive Employment Regions, excluding Norfolk Island and the CTA Trial Regions. The locations are below.
New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory
- Capital Region
- Far West Orana (includes Broken Hill)
- Illawarra South Coast
- Mid North Coast
- Murray Riverina
- New England and North West
- North Coast
- Sydney East Metro
- Sydney Greater West
- Sydney North and West
- Sydney South West
- Inner Metropolitan Melbourne
- North Eastern Melbourne
- North Western Melbourne
- South Coast of Victoria
- South Eastern Melbourne and Peninsula
- Western Melbourne
- Wimmera Mallee
- Brisbane South East
- Darling Downs
- Gold Coast
- Townsville (includes Mt Isa)
- Wide Bay and Sunshine Coast
- Adelaide North
- Mid North SA
- Murray and South East
- North West Country SA (includes Port Lincoln)
- Great Southern – Wheatbelt
- Perth – South
- South West WA
- Hobart and Southern Tasmania
- North and North Western Tasmania
- Darwin (includes Alice Springs)
The department held information sessions from 22 November 2018 to 27 November 2018 in capital cities (excluding Canberra and Hobart). A copy of the information session for the Request for Tender for Career Transition Assistance 2019–2021 can be found below.
- Information presentation recording
- Information presentation slides
- Information presentation speaking notes
Frequently asked questions
For further information, please email the Employment Services Purchasing Hotline or phone 1300 733 514 (Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Canberra time, excluding ACT and national public holidays).