The department sought applications from organisations and individuals to apply to become an Entrepreneurship Facilitator (Facilitator). Facilitators will promote entrepreneurship and self-employment as a pathway to employment.
Facilitators will focus on providing support to mature age Australians including those at risk of unemployment due to structural changes in the economy. Anyone wanting to start their own business will also be able to access Entrepreneurship Facilitator Services. For the purposes of Entrepreneurship Facilitators, mature age is defined as those aged 45 and over.
Facilitators will provide mentoring and assistance to individuals interested in starting and running their own business, including referring them to existing support services in the area.
This initiative builds on the existing three Entrepreneurship Facilitators who have been promoting self-employment, particularly to young people, since December 2016. The existing facilitators will continue to provide services to individuals interested in starting their own business in these locations.
Entrepreneurship Facilitator Services will be delivered from 2 January 2019 to 30 June 2022 in the following twenty locations around Australia:
New South Wales
- Coffs Harbour — Grafton
- Richmond — Tweed (Ballina)*
- Richmond — Tweed (Tweed Heads)*
- Sydney — South West (Liverpool)*
- Sydney — South West (Campbelltown)*
- Southern Highlands and Shoalhaven
- Latrobe — Gippsland
- Melbourne — South East (Dandenong)*
- Melbourne — South East (Pakenham)*
- Greater Hobart and South East Tasmania
- Wide Bay (Gympie)*
- Wide Bay (Bundaberg)*
- Adelaide — West
- Barossa — Yorke — Mid North
- Perth — North East
* Locations with an asterisk will have two Entrepreneurship Facilitators appointed servicing different boundaries. Appendix D of the Request for Tender has maps of the regions and provides more detail.
Applications closed on Friday 24 August 2018 at 12 noon (Canberra time).
A Deed will be entered into with successful Respondents. The draft Entrepreneurship Facilitators Deed 2019–2022 is an Appendix to the RFT.
The Department conducted information webinar sessions for potential Respondents to the Request for Tender for Entrepreneurship Facilitator Services 2019-2022.
Webinars were held on 7 and 8 August 2018. Content used by the Department at the webinars is available below:
- Request for Tender for Entrepreneurship Facilitator Services 2019-2022 Webinar Slides - Final
- Request for Tender for Entrepreneurship Facilitator Services 2019-2022 Webinar Speaking Notes - Final
Frequently Asked Questions (last updated 21 August 2018)
- Frequently Asked Questions for the Request for Tender for Entrepreneurship Facilitator Services 2019–2022
For questions or clarifications about the Request for Tender for Entrepreneurship Facilitator Services 2019–2022, please email the Employment Services Purchasing Hotline or phone 1300 733 514 (Monday to Friday, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm Canberra time, excluding ACT and national public holidays).