What is New Business Assistance with NEIS?
New Business Assistance can help by providing:
- Accredited small business training;
- Personalised mentoring and support from a NEIS provider in the first year of the new business to help the individual put their business idea into practice; and
- Income support for up to 39 weeks (NEIS Allowance) and NEIS Rental Assistance for up to 26 weeks (if eligible).
There are 8,600 NEIS places available nationally each financial year, delivered by a network of 21 providers.
Find out more about how New Business Assistance can help you become your own boss.
30 Years of Success
New Business Assistance with NEIS has been providing assistance to eligible individuals for over 30 years. The 30 Years of Success is a booklet that has been created to commemorate the 30th Anniversary of the program. The booklet contains 30 innovative NEIS business success stories and achievements.
Want more information?
- You can directly approach a NEIS provider located in your area. You can find your local NEIS provider on the Find a Provider page on the jobactive website.
- Talk to your jobactive, ParentsNext or Disability Employment Services provider
- Call the Employment Services Information Line on 13 62 68
- Read the Self-employment—New Enterprise Incentive Scheme general fact sheet. Translated versions of this factsheet are also available.
- Visit the SelfStart online hub.
Note that call charges apply for calls to ‘13’ numbers from mobile phones.