What is NEIS?
NEIS provides accredited training, business mentoring and support to help individuals start their own business. NEIS is delivered by a network of 21 providers nationally.
A total of 8,600 NEIS places are available each financial year.
NEIS provides people with:
- accredited small business training
- mentoring and support in the first year of their new business
- income support (NEIS Allowance) for up to 39 weeks (if eligible) and
- NEIS Rental Assistance for up to 26 weeks (if eligible)
Find out more about how NEIS can help you become your own boss. Further information is available on the eligibility requirements for job seekers and the sorts of business ideas that are eligible under NEIS, and on NEIS training, support and payments.
30 Years of Success
NEIS has been providing assistance to eligible individuals for over 30 years. The 30 Years of Success is a booklet that has been created to commemorate the NEIS programme’s 30th Anniversary. The booklet contains 30 innovative NEIS business success stories and achievements.
Want more information?
- You can directly approach a NEIS provider located in your area. You can find your local NEIS provider on the Find a Provider page on the jobsearch website.
- Alternatively, if you are a job seeker registered with jobactive, ParentsNext or Disability Employment Services, you can talk to your provider or
- Call the Employment Services Information Line on 13 62 68
- Read the Self-employment—New Enterprise Incentive Scheme general fact sheet
- Visit the SelfStart online hub.
Note that call charges apply for calls to ‘13’ numbers from mobile phones.