- Support for retrenched workers – The What’s Next website can help you work out what to do after you lose your job. The website provides handy resources and links to available support to help you through this transition.
- Fair Work Ombudsman can provide more information on your entitlements and federal or state legislation, agreements and awards.
- Australian Taxation Office (general) can provide key taxation information.
- Australian Taxation Office (superannuation) can provide key superannuation information.
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) provides information about how employees of abandoned companies who are owed employee entitlements can submit a request to ASIC to wind up the company.
- Australian Financial Security Authority (AFSA) (formerly known as Insolvency and Trustee Service Australia) is the government agency responsible for the administration and regulation of Australia’s personal insolvency system.
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA) provides information about the insolvency process and represents professionals who specialise in the field of formal insolvency.
- Department of Human Services provides information on payments you may be eligible to receive, if you have been retrenched or made redundant.
If you have been made redundant from your job you could be eligible to receive help from jobactive. jobactive is the Australian Government’s employment service, designed to meet the needs of job seekers and employers and improve job outcomes.
jobactive can provide you with tailored help to find a job and is delivered by jobactive providers located around Australia.
To find out what assistance is available through jobactive, call the Employment Services Information Line on 13 62 68 or you can contact the Department of Human Services on 13 28 50. They will assess your circumstances and eligibility for jobactive and refer you to a jobactive provider.