Employment service providers can also conduct the JSCI:
- jobactive providers
- Disability Employment Services (DES) providers
- Community Development Program (CDP) providers
- Transition to Work (TtW) providers
- Time to Work Employment Services providers
- ParentsNext providers.
DHS specialist assessors who are allied health professional may conduct the JSCI when:
- a job seeker discloses new or different information during an Employment Services Assessment (for job seekers with complex or multiple barriers) or a Job Capacity Assessment (used for a Disability Support Pension claim)
- a job seeker has been referred to an employment service provider and does not have a JSCI.
Change of Circumstances Reassessments
It is important that a job seeker’s record accurately reflects their current circumstances. This will ensure they receive the most appropriate support for their needs. If a job seeker’s individual circumstances have changed or they disclose new or additional information, they need a JSCI Change of Circumstances Reassessment. The employment services provider or DHS can conduct the JSCI Change of Circumstances Reassessment. Job seekers participating in the Online JSCI Trial can update their JSCI using the ‘Job Seeker Snapshot’.
A Change of Circumstances Reassessment may result in a job seeker becoming eligible for different services, particularly if their assessed level of disadvantage has increased.
A provider may conduct a JSCI as part of a Capability Interview. Likewise, DHS may conduct a JSCI as part of a Capability Assessment. Providers may also use the JSCI as an early intervention tool for vulnerable job seekers.
For information on the JSCI and Change of Circumstances Reassessments conducted by employment services providers, please refer to the following guidelines specific to the respective programs.
- Disability Employment Services
- Community Development Program - For general enquires about the CDP please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transition to Work
- Time to Work Employment Services
Read more about