Current workplace relations issues
The Government’s workplace relations programmes, services and information include:
- The national workplace relations system – established by the Fair Work Act 2009 and other laws.
- Paid Parental Leave – offers eligible working parents 18 weeks of government funded Parental Leave Pay at the rate of the National Minimum Wage.
- Fair Entitlements Guarantee (FEG) – provides financial assistance to cover certain unpaid employment entitlements to eligible employees who lose their job due the liquidation or bankruptcy of their employer, where the liquidation or bankruptcy occurred on or after 5 December 2012.
- Building Code 2013 – outlines requirements for entities which are undertaking Commonwealth funded building work. The supporting guidelines advise Commonwealth agencies on the obligations concerning the Building Code 2013. The Building Code page is also an entry portal to the online tool for assessment of industrial instruments.
There are a number of related agencies that help deliver the Australian Government’s workplace relations system:
- Fair Work Commission
- Fair Work Ombudsman and the Registered Organisations Commission
- Australian Building and Construction Commission
- Office of the Federal Safety Commissioner
- Seafarers Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Authority
- Safe Work Australia
- The Safety, Rehabilitation and Compensation Commission