Youth Entrepreneurial Services is available to young people aged 15-24 years who:
- have been unemployed for at least six months; or
- meet one or more of the following criteria:
- early school leaver;
- enrolled in school but completing an alternative education program;
- have a disability;
- living in or having lived in and out of home care;
- a parent;
- from a jobless family;
- committed criminal offences in the past;
- homeless or at risk of homelessness; and
- residing in a regional or rural location.
In the initial phase, participants will be assessed on their barriers, assigned a Youth Coach and provided access to employability skills training (e.g. career plans, resume writing, interview skills).
Following this, participants can participate in activities and experience through the Social Enterprise. This phase also includes assistance to develop an employment portfolio, access to a Skills Specialist and weekly mentoring.
In the next phase, participants can complete a 4-week work experience placement, while also receiving ongoing support to improve their employability skills and accessing weekly mentoring.
In the final phase, participants will be provided guidance on further education, traineeships, apprenticeships and employment options and can continue to access mentoring support for up to six months post-placement.
26 May 2017 to 25 May 2019
Phone: 03 62624500
Visit the Workskills Inc. website.